Saturday, July 30, 2011

Accessories

How important are accessories to a persons outfit? In my opinion it can make the outfit. Necklaces, bracelets, watches, glasses, belts, to even rags. All of these are not necessary but its good to have at least a few of them. For necklaces, i think its important to get something that is comfortable around the neck. For example, if the you have some sort of pendent attached to a chain and the chain is hurting your neck, don't wear it. Bracelets are becoming much more popular today for men. They have leather bands and beads now. Some people like to wear several beads at one time but i still find that beads are not a good sign of manliness. Leather bands are much more fun to wear because they are lighter, thinner, and you get to see them progress with different shades and fades. As for watches, its not important how much you spent on it but really how much you like it. You could be wearing a really cheap watch but as long as you are able to pull it off then it should be no problem. Be sure that you can say "Ya i got this watch for $30. SO WHAT?" hahaha. I myself am not a fan of ceramic watches just because they are so heavy and i feel like they are restricting me. Also, i hate putting them on in the morning because its so cold! haha. So if you are like me and happen to come across a watch face that you really like, you can disassemble it and attach your own strap. NATO straps are really all the hype nowadays. Belts are simple. Depending on the occassion and your personal style, i suggest a leather belt. I am not the flashy myself so i don't really like the colored ones. If it isn't black or brown in leather it isn't for me. Then again, I am not opposing other belts. I have seen several people in suits that can pull off colored belts but I am sure i would look like a fool if i tried.So in part, just do what works for you and be sure you can stay confident while wearing it. You have to be comfortable with yourself before other people can be comfortable around you. Never forget.



9 comments:

  1. I love a good watch. Mine's lasted 5.5 years now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a watch in over two years. Just use the cell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a watch at Nordstrom for 300 dollars. It was 10 bucks worth, but it was Marc by Marc Jacobs or something like that. Never again. I think little things can really make you stand out. I bought a purple tulle hair bow for 6 bucks and I feel like a princess every time I wear it. It's all about standing out and being unique in a world that's so drab and dull. I love the last guy's square watch. So cute! You should take some pictures of your own accessories!

    The Truth About Genetics

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a necklace with a sword on the end and I'm proud of the fact that I am the only one who can pull it off. It suits me perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I don't wear any jewelry, except sometimes i wear a ponytail holder around my wrist if i know i'll want to wear it later haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your're right, it's about the details of an outfit. Without them everything looks boring and like the mainstream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i dont wear anything on my wrists or neck. cant stand the feeling of it somehow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watch + glasses, nothing else, minimalistic style xD.

    You have a new follower sir, love the books background.

    ReplyDelete